User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer
Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our mission is simple: to build great products that propel our clients towards success.
We’re looking for someone to join our team who loves crafting and developing high quality, intuitive user experiences. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a close knit group of very talented designers, engineers, and product managers to build software that changes the world.
At FullStack you will:
- Be part of a team that builds disruptive and distinctive digital products.
- Work with product managers, developers and client stakeholders to deliver exceptional experiences to the end user.
- Effectively communicate user interaction through deliverables such as wireframes and prototypes.
- Wireframe and mockup user interfaces with your design application of choice or in the browser (when appropriate).
- Design web and mobile application interfaces and interactions.
- Actively participate in design critiques/reviews and product discussions.
- Think deeply about the user experience and usability issues.
- QA the implementation of your designs.
We are a small, passionate team dedicated to making our clients incredibly successful by developing and improving ideas into highly functional and usable web applications. We have become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our development work focuses on architecting and building new applications as well as scaling existing apps for our clients as they grow. Come join us in a laid back, remote-friendly, exciting environment where you will be able to do your best work!
You’re qualified because:
- Your ability to design exceptional user interfaces is second-to-none
- Mobile and responsive design/development is not an afterthought
- You have a burning passion for providing experiences to users
- You get things done whether you’re working autonomously or in a team setting.
- You enjoying optimizing conversion funnels, and removing roadblocks that prevent users from reaching their goals.
- You understand what makes a user experience accessible to the greatest number of users, and have a general working knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Communication skills and the ability to explain your design decisions come naturally.
You’ll get bonus points for the following:
- Experience with eCommerce design, conversion optimization and A/B testing
- Ability to optimize HTML, CSS and images for optimal site loading times.
- Version control with Git
- Ability to work with Webpack, SASS/SCSS, npm, etc.
- Experience designing for iOS and Android
- CMS templating in WordPress or other CMSs
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Ability to conduct user testing and customer interviews
- Ability to create icons and logos in a pinch
- Working remotely is how we operate
- This is a contract position, with up to 40 hours per week
- We offer competitive hourly rates based on experience
- Work visa transfer or sponsorship is not possible at this time
- We are looking for people located within the continental United States