Ruby on Rails Engineer
Ruby on Rails Engineer
At FullStack, we are looking for a passionate, talented and experienced Ruby on Rails engineer to join our small team of dedicated software and product development enthusiasts. You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse set of innovative products and applications across a wide variety of industries. We are a distributed team across the United States, so remote working is how we roll.
- Lead in developing and improving all aspects of our rails applications.
- Architect scalable and performant web applications and APIs.
- Writing well tested, maintainable code.
- Create technical documentation for APIs and component designs.
- Be part of a team that builds disruptive and distinctive digital products.
Our mission is to make our clients incredibly successful by developing and improving ideas into highly functional and usable web and mobile applications. Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our development work focuses on architecting and building new applications as well as scaling existing products for our clients as they grow. We are a small company, with a laid back culture, but are dedicated to achieving the highest results for our clients.
We’re looking for you if you…
- Love coding and architecting applications in Rails and want to show off your work (you have code on GitHub, BitBucket, etc.).
- Have an extensive knowledge of Ruby gems and open source libraries.
- Are comfortable working with SQL and have exposure to a variety of relational and NoSQL technologies.
- Have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, documented code.
- Are excited by the web and learning new technologies.
- Are motivated and self-lead, and want to be part of an team of people like you.
Bonus points for…
- Experience with with other web languages, like Objective-C, Swift, PHP or others.
- Mobile development experience with Objective C, Swift, Java or ReactNative.- Familiarity with using Docker in a development environment.
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, Math or other interesting analytic discipline.
- Significant contributions to or ownership of open source projects (please do tell!).
Other information about this position
- This is a contract position, with up to 40 hours per week
- We offer competitive hourly rates based on experience
- Work visa transfer or sponsorship is not possible at this time
- We are looking for people located within the continental United States