React Native Engineer
React Native Engineer
Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our mission is simple: to build great products that propel our clients towards success.
We are a distributed team with folks all across the United States, so this is a remote position and we’re looking for contractors with the potential to transition to full-time.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and motivated React Native engineer will help develop world class applications and products. Our native mobile products interact deeply with RESTful API backends, so knowledge of web application architectures and technologies is a plus. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a close knit group of very talented designers, engineers, and product managers to build software that changes the world.
- Drive the development of our mobile applications, from architecture, to coding, to deployment.
- Build mobile applications using React Native + Redux.
- Ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our stack (development, testing, CI, automation, and architecture).
- Deploy to both iOS and Android (Apple App Store, Google Play Store).
- Writing functional, well-tested code.
- App layout and user interface development.
- Designing and engineering features that deliver value to the people who use them. This means collaborating closely with the entire team (designers, product managers, etc.).
Our mission is to make our clients incredibly successful by developing and improving ideas into highly functional and usable web applications. Our team has become renowned in our ability to bring creativity, expertise, and sound development practices to notable and ambitious startups. Our development work focuses on architecting and building new applications as well as scaling existing apps for our clients as they grow.
We’re looking for you if you…
- Have developed React Native apps that communicate with Restful APIs, use local storage, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
- Enjoy working with React Native and have a successful track record of developing both iOS and Android applications using this framework.
- Love programming with ES6.
- Have integrated with native hardware components in a React Native app.
- Understand and have experience making decisions about mobile application architecture, including data modeling, networking and data synchronization, and concurrency.
- Are competent with developing application interfaces for multiple device types based off of mockups.
- Strive to automate everything you do - from sending out builds to running tests.
- Are equally comfortable working with HTTP-based web services, and have a working knowledge of web application and API architectures.
- Have an appreciation for the peace of mind that comes with well-tested, documented code.
- Communicate well with others in both written and verbal forms.
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively.
Bonus points for…
- iOS or Android development experience using Objective-C, Swift, or Java.
- Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Knowing your way around XCode or Android Studio.
- Familiarity using Expo to build React Native apps.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or, Math or another analytic discipline.
- Previous history of working with a remote, distributed team.
- Significant contributions to or ownership of open source projects (please do tell!).
Other information about this position
- Working remotely is how we operate.
- This is a contract position with the possibility of 40+ hours per week.
- Work visa transfer or sponsorship is not possible at this time.
- We are looking for people located within the continental United States.